Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shadows and a Meal

Shadow Heart
7/16 Photograph a Long Shadow
A Dark Shape / A Profile / A Companion


A Meal
7/17 Photograph View From Above
Look Down / A Meal / Arranged

Yesterday's prompt wasn't going to happen with the weather that we had yesterday, rain, rain and then clouds. At 5 when I was making dinner, I happened to look out on the back porch and finally saw shadows on the floor. To make a pretty shadow, I took a candle holder out to the porch and placed it on the floor to get the heart shadow. I did some processing in lightroom with the picture and the texture of the floor are a good contrast to the shadow. 

Today's picture of the day is my supper and I think it's funny that the last time I took a picture of dinner recipe, it was the same meal. We love this Macaroni, broccoli cheese recipe from Skinnytaste.com. Every time I make it, the comment is made that bacon would make it taste even better. No bacon, but I did cut up two slices of Prosciutto that I had leftover from last week's Chicken Marsala and it was delicious. I am sharing the CSA vegetables with my my neighbor and last week I got 2 stalks of broccoli, too small for a dinner side, but perfect for this recipe. What you don't see in this picture is other plates because I came home to two sons in bed since they were up very early for work today. I bet there will be a midnight supper here with the rest of the leftovers.

I did get out yesterday for some garden shots, no hummingbirds, too wet to be out there. Today I worked for 4 hours and then went up north to a ski/golf warehouse to get a birthday gift for my husband. It's a good drive and given the choice, I would rather go an hour north, then an hour south based on the traffic. By the time I got home, no time for outside photography. 


This has got to be the most random collage yet. I posted the bug picture on Facebook last night to figure out what it is and I think it's an Oriental beetle, not a Japanese beetle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?