Wednesday, October 22, 2014

10-21 Counting back to 10-14 Catch up


 Jack-O-Lantern At Night
10/21 Photograph Bats
Animal / Winged / Night

No real pumpkins here this year for Jack-O-Lanterns, but I kept this decoration that my mother-in-law gave us. She decorated on all the holidays and putting this up brings back good memories. I had to take more than one picture of this since the first few shots had a cord showing, a good reminder to look around the frame before taking the shot. 



Farm Stand Fall Offerings
10/20 Photograph At The Market
Shopping / Farmer's Market / Local



I was happy to go back to the farm stand for more pictures. It was chillier and all of the pumpkins were inside. This time I used the 55-250 lens and carefully looked at the surroundings when taking a shot. In the shot above, I had to move to the left to leave out a blue electrical cord to the right of the pole. The set up of the fruits and vegetables was beautifully done. I left with apple cider, an apple pie for the freezer and macintosh apples. I really wanted the cider donuts…..




Autumn Farm Landscape
10/19 Photograph Return
Arrive / Revisit / Depart

The prompt for a return shot made think about what subject I wanted to retake. There are so many photos of my gardens, that I had to think about another location nearby.  We stopped by the ice cream farm on our way into town for errands. I was able to get closer but there was a lot of brush that had grown up during the summer. There was also a wait for the family that took forever by their mini van, the individuals would have been distracting in the picture. Eyes just seem to be naturally drawn to people, even if they are specks. Once again, it was an over cast day. 


Garden Lizard Hanging Around
10/18 Photograph Lingering 
Remain / Stick Around / Dawdle

We mowed and raked but left the gardens and our lizard friend for another week. He is still hanging out in the garden. The yard is not as green as it was when the lizard first hit the blog in May.



Yellow Leaf In The Front
10/17 Photograph In The Front
First / Leading / Ahead





The instructions for this prompt was to have a shallow depth of field. Looking around the yard, there were plenty of colorful subjects but since it is Fall and my driveway was a carpet of leaves, the leaves won. I did have to do some maneuvering to get the brightest and most colorful leaf up front. 

I also wanted to include the wild mums which are growing out over the lawn. They are colorful, even though they won't last once we get regular frosts.









Funky Yellow Gourds
10/17 Photograph Yellow
Hue / Shades / Bright

I was very glad to have taken so many pictures at the farm stand last week! This basket of gourds caught my eye and I used a HDR preset filter in lightroom for the color and clarity. 

It was a day spent in the hospital with no yellow to get a photo. I would have gone for a walk except it was raining and we had no set time when the procedure would be over for my Dad. At least I had my iPhone to keep me busy. 


Pumpkins for Sale
10/15 Photograph Pumpkin Time
Gourd / Pumpkin Patch / Home Grown

I was lucky to have this photo in my files from the farm stand last week. My Mom helped me to narrow down the choices since I had so many good pumpkin photos. This is one of my favorites from the day and I was glad that I was able to use it for a CY365 photo. The other option was that I use my iPhone to take pictures of pumpkins on front porches, but why do that when I had a photo in my file that was perfect.  It got chosen as the CY 365 Photo of the Day with the following comment: 

"The slightly subdued light really says fall to me, not to mention your subject.  I love the different varieties of pumpkin set up in different ways through the frame. Nice shot."




Mom Checking out the Hospital Reports
10/14 Photograph a Warning
Caution / A Sign / Advice

This is a bit far fetched for the prompt, but I had to work with what I had in front of me. I worked in the morning, but my one objective was to get that done and get down to my dad in the hospital. He had a cardiac event and was in the local hospital. They now post all the reports to an online patient connect which we could look at once we got home. It was a long day and it was good to see that my dad was getting good care. 

Collage of random images from this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?