Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Catch up 9/8 - 9/14


Single Sea Gull
9/8 Photograph Single
Individual / Lone / Isolated

Call me crazy, but this is one of my favorite pictures from the year. I like the lighting with the textures of the sand and seaweed along with the monochromatic feel of it. I processed it in lightroom for more contrast, but kept it with color.  We had gone to the beach where the water was just as warm as the air, the only difference being that the water was wet. We did not stay long, but while there, I dropped a cherry tomato in the sand and then threw it to the sea gulls. I will be known by the seagulls as the jerk who ate healthy at the beach. 

Reading and Working
9/9 Photograph Reading
Learning / Book / Education

The suggestion for this prompt was to take a picture of a daily ritual that tells a story. Here's my story of how my husband works while in Florida, no expense spared for the outfit. Not the easiest picture to take with all that light in front of him, Such a terrible problem, right? Not as many dolphins when it is this hot, so he didn't have as many distractions.


Feather Left Behind on the Golf Course
9/10 Photograph Discarded
Left Behind / Deserted / Junked

Initially I had a colorful golf tee left by the tee box, but this feather than caught my eye with the colors. I can't even guess what kind of bird it could have been.


Evening Flag
9/11 Photograph Contemplate
Ponder / Reflect / Observe

I thought this was such a peaceful photo for the day to reflect on 9/11. It was a beautiful day just like 9/11/01 and I always go back to the moment when I first heard. Coming off the golf course to get a snack and seeing the plane hit the world trade center with my husband flying that day just brings me back to the horror of the day and being grateful that my family was safe along with my friend's family who was working at another WTC building. 


Not Even Close to my Garden….
9/12 Photograph From My Garden
Growth / Color / Produce

At least I got the color part of the prompt for today since I was so far from my garden. I wish I could have taken more pictures of this sunrise as we went down to the beach just to take pictures and then go out for breakfast. However, my head was someplace else or maybe the heat was getting to me, but I had no memory card for my dslr camera and had to use my iPhone and I forgot my wallet for breakfast. We had to drive back through the back to school traffic to get the wallet and then when we left the restaurant, I forgot to take my to go box with my leftovers! The rest of the day was better.



Golf Grip
9/13 Photograph Grip
Hold / Clasp / Control

Well I get the prompt for grip during a vacation where we golfed every day and of course I got a golf shot. Plus the directions were to edit the photo and I cropped in closer plus enhanced the blue sky. I love this shot with the palm trees framing my husband. 


Pre-Packing Clutter - The Important Stuff
9/14 Photograph What a Mess
Clutter / Dirty / Mayhem

This was an easy to do on the day we were leaving, the mess was already piling. Looking at it reminds me of the daily prompt where it was your favorite color that we had to get a picture of. I am such a blue person!

It was very fun vacation, but I hardly took pictures! So hot that we spent a lot of time in the pool after golf. I think it was too hot for the dolphins since we barely saw them out on the river. 


1 comment:

  1. GREAT CATCH-UP loved the Bridgeton pics. Scenery pics beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?