Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9/15 - 9/21 September Catch Up

Changes In The Garden
9/15 Photograph Changes
Transformation / Adjustment / Modify

The prompt for today's photo was to capture shadows from changing plants in a garden. I caught everything that was mentioned in the prompt's directions including a bit of the plants and leading lines and curves. I came home tired looking plants. 

Such Pitiful, Needy Eyes
9/16 Photograph The Eyes
Expressive / Windows / With Character

Forget pitiful and needy, just call this cat pathetic. They missed us and every time I sat down, there was a cat either next to me or on me. This picture was taken with my iPad and what you can't see is the cat up by my right shoulder. However, this is the prettiest of them all and Stash gets the picture for the day.


Glass Circles
9/17 Photograph A Circle
Bowl / Sphere / Ring

I guess I didn't follow the directions exactly and take a picture of a bowl or a ring, however, these glass marbles were being cleaned were round. After drying the marbles, I used a white poster board for a background and took this picture on the back porch. The white squares in the marbles are the reflections of the windows. 


Just a Bit of Blossoms Left in The Garden
9/18 Photograph Between
Time / Amidst / In the Middle



These flowers were initially planted on the edge of the walkway by the door but were too tall and droopy. They were replanted last fall and I was happy to see them flourishing with the corner of the fence. A support was needed since they grow up to four feet tall. The other option for today's photo was this leaf in the grass, but the leaves of Fall will be here for awhile and I just wanted to enjoy the flowers while I can.




Where I stand - By the Campfire
9/19 Photograph Where I Stand
Stance / View / From Above

Here is the monthly Where I stand Photo, I was unable to take it from above, but I did work at getting a a shot with somebody else's feet. We had a campfire on Friday night and it was cold enough that we were all huddled around the fire. I would like to work on getting a better shot and use a flash next time.


Pond Reflection
9/20 Photograph Reflection
Image / Replication / Likeness

On Saturday I brought my camera along during our errands with the plan to stop by the river to get a good reflection shot. The skies were overcast and there was wind making a large reflection shot difficult to get. I did get the shot below with the leaves and the shadows, but wanted a larger photo for interest. After our errands we came home and went to a walk out back by the pond where I got this photo. I like this shot with the colors of the trees reflected in the calm pond. 


Family Time
9/21 Photograph Hold On
Embrace / Live / Cling

I admit, this is a slightly posed shot in that I asked my son and husband to take a minute to look at our golf score card for the day. The directions for the day's photo was to catch a family moment from behind. Not enough opportunities for that today as my husband and I golfed in a member-guest tournament with friends. ( We came in first out of three teams….) This doesn't look too posed and I did catch a family moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?