Thursday, June 12, 2014

Water and Green

 Lake Side - Center Harbor 
6/11 Photograph By the Water
Poolside / At the Beach / Lakeside

Green…..For Now
6/12 Photograph In the Grass
Lounging / A Different Angle / Green

Where is the sun? Once it comes out, everything is going to bloom. Don't I sound like a broken record? Since I have been taking a picture a day, the awareness of light is always there for me. Yesterday's prompt seemed so easy when I read the prompt early in the morning while the sun was shining and the sky was blue. I knew that I had plenty of water shots between my brother's condo and my home. Unfortunately by the time I left, the sky was gray again. 







I went home through North Conway and drove through the Mount Washington Valley where I stopped to have my lunch at a State Park. There was a picnic area along the river (brook?).  As you can, it was not much of a river and I was disappointed that there was no white water or rapids. It was boring. The next choice was Lake Chocura and that was a boring gray color and by the time I saw two guys standing out in the lake fishing, it was too late to step.  I ended up stopping by Lake Winnipesaukee at Center Harbor to take the picture. (Small confession, I used a graduated filter in Lightroom 5 to put some blue in the sky for the lake. )
What a difference a month makes, within 2 weeks, this will be a very busy place. Last year we kayaked on the lake and it is rougher than the ocean due to all the boat traffic.




Chive Blossom



Today's prompt was photographing grass or green. There is so much green right now in my yard that I had too many choices. I was all over the yard with the macro lens taking pictures of green. Still waiting for more flowers to bloom. I see other people with Clematis blooming in their yards, but not here. Right now it's still the Irises, Columbines, Chives blossoms and this mystery Iris below. I had bought the mystery plant at the garden club sale and thought it was just a run of the mill Iris. 


I ended up using a shot of my backyard garden which will be all red, yellow and purple by the end of the month. This is the view from our Adirondack chairs where we get to watch the hummingbirds and where nice little toads like this one below hang out. 

Here are a few of the shots that didn't get picked for the picture of the day but still had some beautiful shots from a gray day. If it started raining, I still had plenty of green to photography since I picked up our spring greens yesterday at the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). We have enough spinach here to create an army of Popeyes.  Tonight I made chicken Lo Mein with Bok Choy, yellow pepper, red pepper, onion, green onion and garlic and it is gone. So much for leftovers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?