Friday, May 09, 2014

Skillful

Skillful Sculpture
5/9 A Vision of Resourcefulness
Skillful / Ingenious / Initiative

I had nothing for today that met the prompt and it was a gray day here which meant no traipsing about the area for some Yankee ingenuity. I thought maybe there might be a lawn ornament or Yankee yard that would be a good subject, but I had work to do on my photo gallery and then I actually worked this afternoon. This picture from last week's trip to the Sculpture garden in Vermont fits the prompt perfectly, plus it fills the frame. Thank you Aunt Eva for telling me to take a picture of this. I like how the artist made the cuts in the stone to refit to look like a face, or at least that's what it looks like for me.

This was not a day for taking pictures, but one for organization of the photo gallery web site and for backing up my hard drive for Lightroom. This morning, I got another request for a dolphin picture and just had to make sure that everything was working on the gallery.  I took the night off for uploading more pictures to the gallery, and plan on doing that this weekend. After a week of using Lightroom 5, I am very happy with how easy it is to upload, develop and post my pictures for Captureyour365 and the blog because the watermark and sizing are done as a preset action. 

Work was interesting and I am going to be learning a lot about photography and organization.  It was good to get out and do something constructive. I am glad that I brought along my camera manual, as we  used manuals for reference. If there was one piece advice that I would give to anyone buying a DSLR camera, it would be to hold onto the manual and read it often. Just because you read it once, doesn't meant that you can't learn even more as you get used to utilizing all the functions of the camera.  As I said to my mother today, I think that the SLR cameras that  we had 30 years ago were easier to use.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Here is another picture from the past, I think 1995 in Meme and Poppa's yard.  Once again Miss M is not looking at the camera and she informed me in a text that it was because cameras suck the soul out of you. I actually think she has another bandaid.


1 comment:

  1. You just want me to cry.So sweet. Wouldn't it be wonderful to go back to that day?

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?