Friday, May 02, 2014

May Flowers

Tulips
5/2 A Vision of May Flowers
With Bokeh / A Different Angle / From Behind

Today's prompt called for May flowers and after two photos of daffodils, it was time to add another spring flower to the mix. Unfortunately, daffodils are the only flowers in bloom in my home gardens and I needed to venture downtown for more city scene photos for my friend's office where I found tulips. On the drive home, I realized that I should have gone behind the fence to a point of view of the wrought iron fence framing the flowers. I hate when I think about that after the shot and I need to take more time with composition and move around the subject. However, in the above photo, I did get a little bit of the bokeh and I like how the main subject rises above the other tulips. 

The morning started out sunny with a beautiful blue sky which was perfect for taking more pictures of downtown Concord for my friend's office. The group of photos are providing me with the opportunity to use Lightroom 5 to process the photos as a group to the requested black and white format. Lightroom is incredible in all that it can do and I am feeling overwhelmed with everything it can do! I can't even begin to think about importing my current iPhoto collection of over 20,000 photos. Yes, I have a photo hoarding problem, with my first goal of cleaning out the photos by event. Can't and shouldn't keep them all! Time to be critical with what to save. 

In the afternoon, we were off to Stowe, Vermont for my cousin's wedding. We scored the best accommodations as we had asked for a suite of rooms with a kitchen for my husband and I, along with my parents, aunt and sister-in-law. We stayed in a condo with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, full kitchen, living room and den. The best part was that we could eat in and we saved by not being in a hotel room for two nights. After dinner, we joined up with the wedding party after the rehearsal dinner where it was an early night for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?