Monday, February 03, 2014

Soft

Soft Mini-Marshmallows in Hot Chocolate
2/3 Photograph Soft
Skiing / Sledding / Bundling Up Inside

Sometimes the hints beneath the prompts are very helpful in giving me ideas for the day's photograph and days like today, they just don't work. Especially since today was a macro day where we were suppose to be exploring macro photography- those very up close shots that make small things look larger. How does that work with skiing or sledding? Neither of which I would consider a soft sport right now around here. But I was off to the grocery store today and thought that marshmallows would be perfect. In between cooking a spicy spaghetti squash casserole for my lunches this week, a calzone for the guys and the skinnytaste macaroni and cheese with broccoli, I got to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after taking multiple pictures of marshmallows. 
I took 30 pictures of various angles and lighting while practicing with the polaroid macro lens that I bought last month. They are not easy to use and the picture above was the first picture I took and ended up being the best. 
Definitely better than this mutant looking marshmallow.


Winter stream Kaleidoscope ( 1 picture x 4)
Simple Winter Stream 











Today I finished up lesson 3 for my photoshop elements class and it has absolutely  been worth taking. I need to practice, but here are some of the photos that I uploaded for the assignment. 
Westminister Courtyard before

Perspective fixed and arches highlighted

1 comment:

  1. I don't quite understand the kaleidoscope, great work on Westminister. Would this have been a good place to insert one of the clouds he talked about?

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?