Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Natural Treasure

Photograph A Natural Treasure

Loved | Not Artificial | Outside
This was the prompt today and I am not sure that I did it literally, but I took a picture that I liked and did not have to be outside since it was 5 degrees this morning. 

1/7 Natural Treasure -Frost
I got to take a picture of the frost on my porch windows. Which I can say, I loved being inside to take the shot.

This is the before shot with some of the window frame seen on the right side. Today was a treat, b/c my friend T came over this morning while I was waiting for the cable guy. After enjoying some heated pumpkin latte ( loaded with protein), she helped me with my work flow for photo editing. Plus she designed a watermark for my photos which I will be putting on my good stuff that I post on line.


Here is the before editing shot.









The frost was pretty on the window and these are a couple of the shots that I had to choose from .




While waiting for T to show up, I started making a vegetable soup. It was delicious for lunch-
I just sauteed: 3 minced garlic cloves, chopped onion, 3 stalks of celery and red pepper in about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once softened, I added 2 boxes of reduced chicken broth and diced carrots, zucchini and cauliflower. I didn't have any cans of diced tomatoes, and used a small can of tomato sauce and about .75 cup of homemade sauce along with 2 chopped up turkey meatballs that were left over. Let that boil and then simmer while adding about 2 tablespoons of soup mac. So good that I had another cup with 1/2 slice of homemade bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?