Saturday, January 11, 2014

In Good Hands

My Parent's Hands
1/11 Photo Inspiration- Photograph in Good Hands
Holding/Converted/Secure

Today we made a drive down to Massachusetts to return my Mother's pocketbook that was left in my car and to bring down the turkeys and roast that we got at a smoking deal after Christmas. ( Did you know that you can get prime rib and turkey 1/2 off the day after Christmas?) For the picture prompt, I knew that I would want to photograph their hands since there is so much character in their hands. I mean, there's got to be a lot of character in hands that have shaped 3 children! After about 4 shots, Dad had enough and it was all good when I looked at the photos.
 I love it in black and white versus the color, even though I do like the color contrasts in this one:

On the ride down, I used the drive to re-read my camera manual and I actually learned a few things that I did not know. It was helpful to read up on the focusing modes that the Canon has. During the drive, I also took some pictures of my husband's hands on the steering wheel. I am going to submit this photo to the Consumerist flickr group.
While at my parent's, I enjoyed looking at some old photos and used my iphone to make copies. This is one of my favorites as it shows me at an early age trying to shut my younger brother up. He claims that I am trying to kill him. 



1 comment:

  1. Love the Blog, the pictures are great and the comments just make them more interesting. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?