Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bowl

Lunch Salad in a Bowl
1/21 Photograph in a Bowl
Breakfast / Snack / Decor

Today's photo looks so delicious that it deserves a full size spot on the blog. I really need to pay attention to the three descriptions after the prompt to make sure I am on the right track since this was definitely not breakfast! At least I read the information about setting up a food shot, minimized the surroundings and had a partial shot of the bowl. I did take a picture of breakfast, but was happier with this this particular shot of the salad for today. Plus it was delicious with added avocado, blue cheese and craisins today.  Normally, my salads don't have the craisins, but I thought it would add more color.

I took about 30 shots and ended up with two that I really liked to decide on the above salad shot. I went from the full salad bowl to the lunch bowl on green to settling on the white. My friend T, the photographer has taught me to be critical and trash the photos that will never be printed or used. It's something that needs to get done for me to have room on my hard drive. 


This morning I had coffee with two friends from work and had quality time with a 4 year old and 2 year old. It seems so long ago that my boys were that young, running around in the winter in bare feet in the house, taking out multiple toys and watching disney videos. I got to have "bandaids" and "shots" from their medical kits while enjoying homemade bread, blueberry muffins and coffee while catching up with work news. Thanks A and S! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?