Monday, August 02, 2010

Adventures in Cooking


Pie crust disaster
Originally uploaded by jennymcb
After having a pie at my son's apartment last June made by a very capable college freshman, I attempted to make my own crust tonight. I guess I needed to read the technique in making pie crust first at How to make Pie Crusts. Besides not having everything cold, I should have mixed the flour and shortening first, before adding the water....I first tried to roll out the dough immediately, when that didn't work, I wrapped it in wax paper and let it hang out in the refrigerator.
My next attempt at rolling did not go as well either and I resorted to rolling it between wax paper to get it rolled out enough.
Whip cream will hide most of it, I just hope the taste isn't too hideous.
Lesson learned? Patience is a virtue and a requirement for making pastry.

1 comment:

  1. Tell the people eating it to close their eyes and enjoy the flavor!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?