Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Mitten Knitting Time


Sherbet mittens
Originally uploaded by jennymcb
When knitting, my hands are busy and I don't snack. But that doesn't mean that I don't think about food. The pink color in these mittens  reminds me of sherbet. I love the colors and was able to use a ball of yarn that was over 18 years old and it worked up beautifully. The pattern is called The Warmest Mittens and these certainly are warm. I made them for my make believe daughter. With three sons, I have adopted my friend's daughter as my daughter who is the same age as my youngest. They get along great which makes it fun to do things together. L made me a fleece blanket for Christmas as a surprise and I asked her what I could make for her. Now we just need some more snow.

It seems strange to watch major snow storms way to the south of us while we have cleared roofs, driveways and walks. I will take it. The sooner it warms up, the sooner I can get outside for longer walks.

6 comments:

  1. BUT, you can walk in the snow too! It helps to ahve a camera along so you don't think of the drudgery tho. lol Two more weeks and I should have mine repaired they told em today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I liked the mittens -- beautiful colors and work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict that your future daughters in law will be very warm! And fashionable. After all, on What Not to Wear, Stacy and Clinton always tell us that we need "a pop of color."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be on What not to wear! They would throw out my entire closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahaha. Sherbet ... that's so what I would be thinking, too. So, I would probably use chocolate colored yarn and drool all over them!

    They're sure pretty. I could have used a pair the last coupla days. Want me to send you some snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?