Monday, February 15, 2010

Bumpy square


Bumpy square
Originally uploaded by jennymcb
Here's a quick square that I learned yesterday while I got tired of making Granny Squares ( only 6 more for #2's afghan). Last week I got all my yarn organized and put away by type into plastic totes and out of my family room closet. I ended up with lots of small balls of yarn and decided to make squares for a charity knitting group on Ravelry, the children of Pine Ridge Reservation. Most of the yarn is in pastel shades and I thought that this Bumpy Square pattern that another ravelry member shared would make warm squares for babies. I am going to make up some Bumpy Squares and then some Never-Ending squares to send to another ravelry member in Texas who is collecting squares for baby blankets.
In the past, I have made squares to send to a woman in Louisiana who makes afghans for the reservation. However, I wanted to make something for those who can't do it themselves, the children of Pine Ridge. It's a shame that in America, we have citizens living in such dire conditions, even worse that children are being raised in conditions where the life expectancy is 45.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pattern! They will love it! I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartbreaking statistic! Thanks for sharing, because we need to be reminded that people are struggling right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to make me have to search for my log in info for Ravelry! I miss doing the charity crochet (but I don't want it at my house again!). Lovely pattern. How's the weight loss coming? Have you met your goal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Is there any way I can get the pattern for the bumpy square?
    I would love to have it. It looks so soft and squishy, perfect for
    an afghan or blanket!
    Doris
    doris_linzy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?