Or, How not to get another invite.....
1. If you are shy, then grab a plate and go to a corner of the room and eat like a rodent. Glance furtively around the room and avoid all eye contact.
2. Dieting? Then let everyone know and ask for the calorie count of each item on the table. If there is no calorie count from the hostess, offer your own suggestions.
3. Just had a recent surgical procedure or lab test? Describe in great detail with adjectives and sounds.
4. Does alcohol release your inner child? Then let that child out to dance, cry, throw a temper tantrum or sing the entire soundtrack to Mamma Mia.
5. Talk about yourself all the time, loudly.
To enjoy yourself and others at the party, don't follow any of the above rules.