Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Life after Ice

DSC03077.JPGWe're back!! We got Comcast yesterday morning after losing our power, go figure. But we were lucky and the power came back on early this morning at 1:30 am. Thank you God for record high temperatures yesterday. That big old branch on the line is still making me nervous, and snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. But we still have lots of line crews here from all across the country and even from Canada helping us to get back on the grid and all of us appreciate their time away from their families to help our state get back to normal. Have to say though, it's nice to have had a girl in the house as we have had a guest from a home that was without power from Friday until tonight. We played games such as Life, Uno, Racko and Apples to Apples. Life without the internet and phone was manageable, it was actually enjoyable.

School is suppose to happen tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for that one. Here are a few photos of the aftermath.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you have gone through this. I like winter snows to be enjoyable for everyone. We have had snow 4 times and it just keeps melting but tonight a little stayed on the grass and I made a mini snowman. . . Ü Supposed to gt more tomorrow and Sunday. I hope we get at least a couple inches so I can take some good photos.

    BTW, I got an email from you and Flicker. Did you send it to me or did it come automatically because I singed a message on your photo site? Actually, it came to my "Dear" name but I signed it from yahoo which is completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life without the Internet? Shudder! Does the horror that thought inspires mean I'm hooked?

    Congratulations on coming through with your sense of adventure in tact.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?