Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Knitted Christmas Gifts

Ah, I can sit back and relax for a few minutes, the cooking is done, the gifts are wrapped and the house is somewhat cleaned. Today we visited our Aunts in two different residential facilities, my thoughts as a result of those two visits are to live each day as if it's your last day, enjoy what you got and get up and move!! No matter how you feel, get up and live.

The knitting needles are stilled for the moment. Next year, I will begin earlier....(famous last words). The only knitted pictures missing are the smaller felted boxes made for a few of my co-workers for business cards, I thought they came out well enough. The first box is the trial one where I realized that I needed less stitches on the needle. It will bring some color to my office and I will use it for memo pads.

To all my blog readers, Merry Christmas! Here's to a new year of change for all of us. I thought that the John Lennon song was appropriate. Keep safe, warm and live each moment.


Happy Christmas (War is Over)
John Lennon

And so this is Christmas, and what have you done?
Another year over, and a new one just begun.
And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun,
The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.

A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year.
Let’s hope it’s a good one,
Without any fear.

And so this is Christmas, for weak and for strong,
For rich and for poor ones, the road is so long.
And so happy Christmas, for black and for white,
For yellow and red ones, let’s stop all the fight.

A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year.
Let’s hope it’s a good one,
Without any fear.

So this is Christmas, and what have you done?
Another year over, and a new one just begun.
And so happy Christmas, I hope you have fun,
The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.

A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year.
Let’s hope it’s a good one,
Without any fear.

6 comments:

  1. My gosh what would John think if he were alive? What would he be writing now?
    Was I on your christmas list?
    (just kidding of coarse) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 PM

    My fingers hurt just from looking at all the knitting you did! Great job! And, I bet some happy recipients!

    I hope that your holidays are filled with the "peace that passeth understanding!"

    Lord knows, we could do with some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your takeaway from visiting your aunts. Yes, I must move more in 2009! And it's always good to hear from Beatle John -- at Christmastime and all year around. Merry Christmas, Jenny McB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas!!!!

    Your Christmas knitting looks just wonderful, I'll bet they were all happy to receive them all.

    I'm always amazed at how much I can get accomplished before Christmas - now I am feeling so lazy...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:10 AM

    Merry merry holidays to you and yours. I love looking at all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone that gets a hand made gift is blessed! Hope your Christmas was a great celebration with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?