I struggled today to figure out what my Thirteen should be this week and here are thirteen reasons why I am unmotivated (or ornery) to be creative.
1. Perimenopausal, when you were 14 and the last to get your period, does it really seem like it was worth the anticipation? Now that you get it every 3 weeks?
2. It's hot and it's not that dry heat, but a muggy, pervasive, ozone laden muggy heat. My garden needs to be weeded and I am using the heat as an excuse to not get out there.
3. Rain, almost every afternoon, without fail, or just threatening.
4. Cars, we used to call the guys at the garage my buddies, but for pete's sake, do I have to see them every freaking month? This week it was the sway bar on the minivan...sounded like my wheel was going to fall off.
5. Procrastination, how long have I had Fireworks on my computer would equal how long it has taken me to not spend the time to figure anything out.
6. Our new hospital cafeteria, I am bummed that I can't be excited that it is finished. They obviously didn't consult a woman to work out the traffic pattern.
7. They kept the freaking water/ice machine that requires you to put your tray down and the area is a cluster with people trying to figure out what side they want to get their condiments from.
8. Radio music in the cafeteria, I can't wait to hear my in-laws' reaction to the loud music playing. It would be hard to imagine any senior citizen happy with the noise level, when it just plain aggravates me!
9. Vacation can't come soon enough and I am beginning to feel pulled in multiple directions at work. I need to get it all back together again, or I may just have to tattoo a sign to my forehead stating that I am only part time.
10. Canasta, yes, I have become addicted to another game on POGO. I love the brainless playing of canasta with a frozen pile.
11. Planning relaxing family time has become work with our middle guy now working. All those who want to go away and leave a seventeen year old boy home alone just raise your hand...yep, that's what I figured.
12. Crafts, I have squares to put together for same middle son and it's too hot....but then I feel guilty knitting or crocheting anything else.
13. My period, did I mention that it comes far too often? What the hell was I ever wishing for when I was 13?
Sorry if that was too much personal information but there you go, my thirteen for the week.
On a happier note, I was thrilled to get an Encourager Award from Paulie at Postcards from Paulie I had encouraged her to blog and she has loved it! She has some great flower pictures and pictures of her jaunts around town. Way to go Paulie!
And then Shelly at This Eclectic Life got to bring the finished afghans to children with cancer in Texas.
I am able to be happy, I just wasn't motivated! Have a great rest of the week and do some random acts of kindness!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants