Our guests have come and gone and we won't be saying that we hardly knew them. New Hampshire's first of the nation primary is an interesting phenomenon......
1. Want to meet a candidate? Try to do it in the summer/fall, this past week it was epic madness and clusters.
2. NH is not as conservative as once thought due to the influx of people from Massachusetts and other states. It's a nice place to live and most don't leave after being transferred here.
3. As Mike Huckabee said in interviews on Tuesday night, we are downright friendly. C'mon up and talk, we'll listen and ask questions. We don't discriminate based on race, gender, religion or what part of the country you're from.
4. It's a small state and easy to get around to meet everyone.
5. Want to get phone calls? Tell the campaigns that you are undecided.
6. Getting sick of phone calls and polls? Lie and throw them off, I wonder if that's what happened this past weekend for the democrats, maybe we all got tired of the polls and made up answers.
7. It was an interesting contrast of spouses who appeared with the candidates and whether they went out to house parties to do the meet and greet. I will just leave it at that....
8. John McCain, is anyone else worried about his health? His speech on Tuesday was kind of a downer, just seemed exhausted beyond belief.
9. If you listen to the radio conservatives, it is sickening to hear them talk about Hillary. Can someone tell me why they hate her so much? At least I have a reason for the current administration. Really, what has she done that is so bad?
10. It's all about the money for being in our faces for commercials, ads and photo ops. It was one commercial after another, Hillary and Obama's were pretty good, but after the 10,000 viewing, they all sounded the same.
11. NH doesn't necessarily vote for money as shown by the Republican primary. McCain had to reduce his staff last summer and Rommney has been here for months with his flashy commercials. And Guiliani can say what he wants, but he was here trying, since there were so many commercials.
12. Weather plays a huge factor in getting out to vote in January, it was at least 30 degrees warmer on Tuesday compared to a week ago. As my son complained...."All the old people came out for Hillary"
13. When a small state breaks records for voter turnout, don't you think that's a clear message to all that we are ready for a change?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants