Thank you Boho for my personalized banner!So what do I do all day? Some would say nothing and some would say I looked busy...Here are thirteen things that I did today.
1. I did get out of bed today, there was no jumping involved, it was more of a rolling action with a short prayer that I would end up feet first.
2. Had to wash my hair today since it was so windy yesterday and I am not sure I like the regular Paul Mitchell shampoo, the cleansing one worked better. (note to self- look for sales)
3. Got dressed and put on a beige jacket and decided to go melon green, the beige jacket was bought when I was 20 pounds heavier...note to self, need new suit type jacket.
4. Running a little late, grabbed banana heading out the door as I calculated where I could buy my coffee.
5. 8:30 am Drove 23 miles west to a clinic where there was a staff meeting and I did my chlamydia spiel. I just love showing up at meetings where the staff is eating to say that I have chlamydia....note to self, got to stop talking like that or people will begin to believe that of me.
6. 8:45 am Yea, coffee finally at Dunkin Donuts where I treated myself to a pumpkin muffin and bought one of the lab departments I work with a dozen pumpkin donuts. Big brownie points for me.
7. 9:15 am Another 23 miles back to the east, another chlamydia road show at another office. Was hoping to dump off three offices at one stop......at least I get paid for mileage, can enjoy the scenery of fall colors and sing along with my ipod.
8. 9:45 am Yep, had to drive 15 miles up north to a neat little doctor's office next to a coffee shop. Was regretting my choice of muffin at Dunkins considering I could have had a tastier one here.
9. Got back to the hospital at 10:45 am, only 45 minutes late for a meeting and spent five minutes looking for a parking spot....note to self, time to take off the kayak racks since they limit my parking options.
10. 11 am- Infectious disease meeting, learned more about herpes than I thought possible. Learned that people get tested for STDs because of lipstick on the collar, the whole he said, she said, he did, she did with someone else...bottom line, stay protected folks, it's a nasty world out there.
11. 1230pm - After a discussion about MRSA cultures in the hallway, I finally got to my office where I organized the old chlamydia swabs that I had picked up in the morning and then time for lunch. Gotta love working in a place with a cafeteria, did you notice that part where I ran out of the house this morning....note to self- got to get up earlier, maybe work on that jumping out bit. Have to think about that.
12. 1pm - Another meeting, got a chart approved and we tried to figure out how to improve some processes...never ending.
13. 2 - 4:30 - Caught up with my voice mail, email and updated the lab intranet page. Oh that's right, I only work part time and stayed 2 hours longer to catch up. Note to self- Leave early one day next week, LOL like that might happen.
That's just my work day, at home there was dinner, laundry, playing with kittens and helping my son study for a humanities test, now I get to enjoy the Red Sox game. Go Sox!
I would have washed some dishes, but it's just sad to wash with my pathetic washclothes, please tell Tea that I need to win her crazy contest.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants