Took a break from blogging to go along with my second week of vacation. We drove from NH to St. John, NB to take the ferry to Nova Scotia. All I can say is, Thank God for the New Harry Potter book, The Green Mile and The Godfather which kept my three boys entertained for the 9 hours spent in the car and the three hours on the ferry.
Here are 13 Vacation Memories from Week Two
1. Traveling with a girl, mmm not so different from a boy except she smelt better and I had someone to stand in restroom lines with. (My oldest brought his girlfriend)
2. I brought five books and really needed to have brought 2 more.
3. It's a bummer that the American dollar just about equals the Canadian dollar, but boy it made shopping a lot easier to just give American dollars.
4. My Mom's cooking, always nice when someone else does the cooking. Her meatloaf was so good that none was left. The best line of the week, " Well I made two so we could have some leftovers for lunch...." What leftovers?
5. Texas Holdem games, my youngest is a card shark and I should be worried, very worried..
6. Clamming, had to do it, although the girlfriend and I weren't going to be winning any awards for clams. My husband is the best digger, maybe b/c he loves them the best.
7. Monopoly, hate the game, really, but boy did I kick some butt when my oldest sold me Park Place to go with Boardwalk. Second son and I ended up in a draw, truly, an epic game in my mind.
8. Fishing, I didn't catch any, but the kids, my husband and father did well on their day out on the boat.
9. Lunch on the island, we brought out a small grill and we had a nice afternoon on an island with some of us going out on the boat to fish. ( Actually we only caught one, but sang a lot of tv theme songs....Brady Bunch, Gilligan's island...)
10. Kayaking to islands, the tides were a little bit against us in getting out more often. The tides are just phenomenal, a difference of a few yards over seagrass to carrying the kayaks over rocks with seaweed.
11. Crocheting with my mother, I came home with some squares for the Share a Square project and started making squares for an afghan for one of my sons. Now I just have to make up some cards for my Mom's squares to send them to Shelly along with more that I have made.
12. Watching old home videos that my dad had burned to a dvd, where does the time go? When did my babies become bigger than me?
13. The long, very long, oh so long ride home with a terrible shimmy in the front end when my husband drove under 70 mph. ( I took the car to work on Monday and went to the garage first....two new tires later and it's fine)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants