Thirteen First Week Vacation Experiences. This week I got two days away from the boys, but I have been busy since the first day!
1.Saturday, I went golfing with my husband and friend in the afternoon to Canterbury Meadows. My husband got a new driver for his birthday and we went out during the later afternoon special. I golfed well, and even better when I got a cart for the back nine.
2. Sunday, we took the oldest and youngest to a miniature golf place where they had the longest hole. Luckily it was all downhill. We had so much fun that the boys want to go back with the middle guy. (middle guy was up north at a friend's camp for the weekend)
3. Monday, I left for my lady's night out at York Beach Maine with three friends.
4. The cottage where we were staying had 3 very lovable Jack Russell Terriers ranging in age from 12 weeks to 15 years. Every time you sat down, it seemed like a dog would jump up either next to you or on your lap.
5. Since it was raining, we went outlet shopping, why? I have no idea and we only lasted through three stores before we came back.
6. One of us was in the mood for lobster, so we went out to dinner and splurged. Since I love beer with my seafood, I tried a Shipyard summer ale with a lemon in it, everything was delicious.
7. Tuesday morning was sunny and we took the dogs for a walk to downtown York. I had the 15 y/o and he had to water every bush, mail post and rock along the way. This is a flower garden with an incredible view of the ocean.
8. I left around 11 am and drove up to LL Bean in Freeport, another place packed with shoppers. Almost too big for me to enjoy, but the salespeople are awesome and I am getting a hammock shipped home free since they didn't have any in the store.
9. I couldn't stay too long in Freeport, b/c I had called my Aunt in Bridgeton where she has a cottage on Long Lake to stay I was dropping by for a visit on my way to my brother's in Bethel Maine.
10. I ended up driving through Maine on roads even my husband hasn't been on.
11. It was a nice visit with my aunt and great aunt for an hour or so and I was able to leave without being fed, which is a miracle.
12. Then it was another hour drive up north through small towns of Maine to Sunday River.
13. Today I golfed on one of the best golf courses I have ever golfed on at Sunday River. The views are phenomenal and you have to have a cart. Some of the paths were scary due to the hills.
Tonight I am tired, but it looks I am taking at least one of my kids back to the ocean tomorrow. Next week we are on our family vacation, so blogging will be minimal.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants