In good fun, Shelly at This Eclectic Life had a 13 list this week of why Jessica,The Rock Chick over at This Rantastic Life should be on the A-List. Both bloggers write fun, witty blogs that are interesting and funny to read. When you comment on their blogs, there is a response, it's real person out in Illinois or Texas making a connection. Both bloggers are examples of why I blog, to make connections beyond my community. I love witty,sarcastic, off beat views of the world, but also enjoy reading about daily events outside my home. To me, reading about other parents' experiences with family life tells me that it's the same all around the world, we love our kids but boy do they ever keep us on our toes.
But back to the overrated blogs, do you realize how many blogging communities are out there just to increase links to your site and for what? To make money????? Cmon, if it sounds too good to be true then it's a lie....so here are my five reasons why blogging income is overrated.
- Money- Only a few will make the money, think about it, who really clicks on the ads?
- How many blogs do you read daily to find out how to improve your blog? Is it worth the real estate on your blog to put in their link?
- Do you really want to write posts all the time with lists?
- Don't you just want to read to learn and have a laugh or two.
- Income or fun? mmmm, I think I would rather see a TT13 of nekkid to near nekkid young good looking guys to a list of 13 ways to improve the rating of your blog.