- Handing out a certificate for a free cup of coffee is a very nice gesture for family when the patient is in surgery.
- The hand held buzzer thingy is convenient to have also to let us know that the patient is out of surgery and the doctor can talk to us. ( two years ago, my husband and I spaced being back on time to the waiting room and the surgeon found us in the cafeteria)
- I do this at my job, but it's so nice when someone stops to help you find your way before you have a chance to ask for help.
- A door to the ICU waiting room shouldn't be loud when it closes.
- An ideal waiting room in ICU would have a recliner or two, family members are exhausted hanging around.
- Never realized it until today, but dressing professionally is important to some patients like my Dad who was not impressed with the sweats over the scrubs on the floor secretary.
- I think the average age of the volunteers that I saw today was 80! You go girls! But I did get nervous watching one trying to put a huge flower arrangement on a cart.
- I like the day surgery waiting room at our hospital better, more seats and windows.
- So nice when nurses come in to the room at shift change to introduce themselves, it helps patients and family to know who is responsible for their care.
- Smile and a sense of humor go a long way in helping difficult situation better.
- Toddlers in a hospital (well behaved) are fun to watch...today while waiting in the lobby, I saw one three year old walk by the operator, smile, and lift up her skirt as she said, "Look, I am wearing a skirt". ( I know, not really hospital related, but we were all smiling)
- Hospital cafeteria food is better than it used to be!
- You have to be incredibly sick to stay longer than a day! My dad had a Carotid Endarterectomy, will spend the night in ICU and come home tomorrow. 30 years ago, he stayed in 3 days with a hernia operation.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants