Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Book to Enjoy


Sometimes when I read, it's just a story that is entertaining. In the case of Plainsong by Kent Haruf, I found myself thinking about the story and wanting to know more about the characters. It's a story about real people, who aren't pretty and rich, they have real problems in a small town. Unlike stories that have nice neat endings, this story does not clean up all of the conflicts. I liked this about the book because it made the story true to life. Do we ever have all our problems solved at one time?
I can tell that I enjoyed the book since I took my time to read it and when I got tired last night, I put it down.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    I read Plainsong a couple of years ago. I think it was for the book group I was in. Book groups are great because they get you to read things you might not on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to a book talk next week for The Memory Keeper- which I thought was a little of the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, meant to say, over the top!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?