Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hitchhiking- People still do this?

Today I was on my way over to the State Hospital which is less than 2 miles from the Hospital that I work at and I saw a hitchhiker. I can't remember the last time that I saw one. It was a woman in her twenties and I felt bad b/c it was so cold out. But then given where she was thumbing, it would have been a risk. Of course my imagination had her as an ax murderer.

We used to thumb in college to the mall and the liquor store all the time. I can't imagine my kids even thinking of doing it based on the way the world is today and how cautious we have all become. Just another age indicator for those of us old enough to remember sticking out our thumbs and moving on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?