Thursday, January 18, 2007

Getting back in the routine



We finally have snow after a snow free December. The holidays are over, the credit card bills have arrived along with winter. Christmas break was very nice having our oldest back home for four weeks. It did help that he went to Sunday River to go Skiing for a week. Playstation 3 was a huge hit at the house on Christmas and all the boys got along playing it.

I got a free week to use at Gold's Gym. It was really nice to be able to go and watch tv while on the treadmill. But at this point, I can't justify the monthly price of going there when I am paying for Weight Watchers. Right now, I will keep the membership as a goal to work towards when I get to my goal weight.

Ah, Weight Watchers, what can I say....it's working, albeit so freaking slowly. But I have lost over 16 pounds and I feel and look the difference. What works for me is the Vegie soup with some tasty tweeks to make it even better. My mom made it today and did not end up with a lot leftover. Here is the recipe, enjoy!

Vegie Soup

POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 12

2 clove garlic clove(s)
1/3 cup onion(s)
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup celery
1 cup mushroom(s)
3 cup water
28 oz fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
14 oz Del Monte Italian Recipe Diced Tomatos
1 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
2 1/2 cup Diced Cabbage
1 cup green beans
1 medium sweet red pepper(s)
1 cup cooked carrots

Instructions

Saute the onion, pepper, and mushrooms in oil till slightly softened. Add the broth and water and rest of vegetables-bring to a boil for awhile and then let simmer. I add 1/2 chicken sausage for another 1.5 pts for protein. This makes a lot of soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?