Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Lunchtime Flower Photos





Today's photo prompt was photograph natural beauty. My intent was to find a small vase and take a picture of the lavender, but the lavender is almost past bloom and I couldn't find a small vase. I used the mason jar that I got at last year's wedding. 

I have already used the vase for a picture earlier in June, when the flowers in my gardens were yellow and white, now it's time for the coneflowers and bee balm. Today I worked from home and during lunch I quickly cut a few flowers and found a naturally lighted spot on the table. The close up above was used for the flickr 365 group and I used the flowers below for today's cy365 prompt. I liked the dark black ground and wanted to add texture to make it artistic.
Two textures.


Without texture


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?