Friday, February 13, 2015

2/13 Red on the Snow


Cardinal at the Bird Feeder
2/13 Photograph Pretty in Pink
Dressed Up / Cute / Good Looking

Not pink, but definitely good looking for today's CY365 photo. It's hard to get a picture of the cardinal since he is very skittish when he senses movement from inside the house. I got this photo from the stairs in my house since I had the interior door open to let the sun in. The camera and lens are kept on top of the old ice box by the stairs so I was able to take a couple of shots until it flew off. This photo is cropped in to show more detail. Then this afternoon while I was at the sink, I noticed the cardinal again in the trees. 

Today was one of the coldest days and I had already made plans to go cross Country skiing with A in Concord. The windchill made it below zero and when we first started, I wasn't sure if I could do it with my hands being so cold. Once I took off the gloves and just had my hands in the mittens, it was better. I skied only an hour and by the time I was finished, felt warmer.

Bub was coming for dinner after taking his GMATs and I cooked one of our prime ribs from our after-Christmas sale. 4 lbs barely made it for dinner, but with mashed potatoes, strignbeans and homemade gravy and bread, it was a delicious dinner. Plus, I was able to get Bub to pose for a low-light photo which should have been darker, but I liked the hair highlights. After looking at my February pictures, I really do need to work on getting more people shots. 

44/365 Looking at Snow photos on the iPad


Cross Country Skiing shots- Even with iPhone
hard to take pictures when it was so cold!

Obligatory Cat photo- Was going to use this for low light initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?