Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19 Osprey with Catch

Osprey with Catch
1/19 Photograph In A Corner
Nothing / White Space / Open

Every evening becomes a scene from a horror film
Two years ago, I woke up to the sound of hundreds of wings flapping; the river in front of the condo was packed with all kinds of birds. That was when I really didn't know what I was doing  with my camera in manual mode and this week I wondered whether I would see them this year. With getting to the golf course at sunrise every day this week, I thought I would miss it. But today, we got a flock of birds, though not quite as many as that first time. I did manage to get a picture for the prompt with this osprey and his lunch by cropping a shot. 
Pelicans and Cormorants

The other big excitement in Cocoa Beach is the demolition of a "high-rise" glass bank that has been an eyesore. However, up until last year, there was somebody living in the top story condo.  The picture for Flickr was this black and white with the red color for the CocaCola machine still left behind for the demo crew. But I wasn't the only one stopping to take pictures, people were even setting up beach chairs for viewing in the parking lot near by. With all the dust from the demolition, it wasn't anything that I wanted to be around for any length of time. 
Gee honey, beach or demolition?
19/365 It was the Real Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?