Sunday, December 21, 2014

12/20 and 12/21 Holiday Treats


Candy Canes ( Off-Prompt)
12/20 Photography With The Tree
Presents / Under The Tree / In the Tree


Better than Homemade, New Holiday Addiction
12/21 Photograph In The Kitchen
Preparing / Home-Cooked / Baking

I had missed the Candy Cane prompt of taking pictures of candy canes so I picked up a box to use for stocking stuffers. I used the same set up of lights that I had for the Santa Claus pictures. At that point, we didn't have our tree up and there no presents wrapped to take pictures of and that led me to the off prompt for the day. Every year, I swear that I will be ready earlier and I never follow through on that resolution. I was lucky on the 20th that my husband and two sons went out to the movies giving me plenty of time to organize and wrap the gifts. 

For homemade, this may be a slacker picture, but honestly, these are the best crackers ever! Nabisco has a good thing going, however, they were in short supply and this picture is of me taking the last 2. The week before, my aunt sent me a picture of her buying the last 2 at Publix. I even saw the Nabisco rep in a store on Christmas eve morning and he couldn't help me out, seriously, I felt like an addict looking for my next "fix". On his recommendation, I took home the bacon flavored ritz, but sadly, they don't come close. In the 365 gallery there were all these kitchen pictures of baking, aprons and then there I am with my box of crackers. Mine was original.
It was too early for my holiday cooking, that happens on 12/23 and 12/24. Treats don't last long here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?