Sunday, November 30, 2014

11/26 The Last Green Scenery


 The Last Green Scenery from the Garden
11/26 Give Thanks for Colorful Scenes
Landscape / Display / Sight

This photo was taken at 10:30 AM, just after the snow of the Thanksgiving storm had begun. I almost used a sunrise picture from Florida, but wanted to a picture of the day. With the snow flakes glimmering on the dead flower pod with the green grass behind it, I I knew that I wouldn't be getting many colorful shots outside here in New England until Spring.


 After a couple of photos, I then spent the afternoon getting ready for the Thanksgiving meal and dinner for the night while the snow intensified outside. I got the apple pie and chocolate cream pie made along with stuffing and squash while getting supper ready. I also went on line to find a dinner roll recipe where I could use the bread machine to make the dough. This recipe at the Running Upward Blog for Granma's Yeast Rolls gave me a bit of a problem ( bring out the white wine….). Once the dough was ready in the bread machine, I debated whether to cook them that night and enjoy them with our meatloaf dinner or make the rolls and freeze the dough to cook the next day. Luckily, I made the right decision to make them ahead of time and we enjoyed them so much that I planned on making more the next morning to have with the Thanksgiving Dinner. Once dinner was done, the lights began flickering and we quickly filled a clean pan with water and found all our flashlights. 

The lights went out at 7 PM and we hunkered down in the family room with the wood stove
going while we talked about playing cards. I went out around 10 PM to check out the snow and saw that the weight of the snow was causing branches to break and it was clear that the electricity wasn't coming back on that night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?