Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Starts with C and Optional

C is for Cilantro for Zesty Quinoa
8/18 Photograph Starts with "C"
A Food / A Friend / A Find



Optional Squash/Melon? Plant Location
8/19 Photograph Not Necessary
Insignificant / Trivial / Optional

Yesterday I made a Zesty Quinoa Salad recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com that required some fresh cilantro. This was a quick picture and I think that the black beans in the background aren't attractive, but I was stretched for time. The salad is spicy and delicious, will be a good recipe to make for Florida. My friend S came over to look over the wedding pictures from her granddaughter's wedding. It was good to have another set of eyes to go through the ones that I was rejecting. Plus, she brought over one of the very lovely bouquets that were center pieces for me. 

Today's picture is of a plant that decided to grow next to the compost bucket. It's a shame that it didn't start earlier since I have no idea what it is because there are yellow blossoms, but no fruit yet. I am thinking that it is a squash plant of some kind. I used the kit lens (18 -55mm) that I hardly use because I need to break out of my macro lens and zoom lens rut.  Although I did get my macro lens out today when I saw the two butterflies in my garden today. The cone flowers are beautiful this summer in everyone's garden. 

The Clematis flower in the upper left is the only bloom on one of my clematis vines. Why? I have no idea. 

Tomorrow I will post some pictures from my sad, mildewy back garden where only the cone flowers and butterfly bush look great. 

Today was work on photography day. In the afternoon I went through my vacation shots for the landscape practice photos that I took. The three below are the horizon photos where I move whee the horizon went through in the same spot. Then, tonight I went through the over 800 pictures from our vacation. I got rid of about 200 for various reasons and have about 1/2 uploaded to my Flickr account. Tomorrow the rest will go up and then I need to work on the wedding photos. 

Lower third horizon- this is my favorite.
Center horizon

Top third horizon
Collages from Vacation- so many pictures!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?