Friday, February 21, 2014

Leisure

 Leisure Dreams
2/20 Photograph Escape
Get Away / Leisure / Flee

I was so close to using a previously taken photo for today's prompt, but decided that I could do something quickly. This is what I came up with, in 16 days, that white will be replaced by green. It can't be soon enough! With all this manual labor, I think my arms are going to be in great condition for golfing. 

Today I went back to the Fayette house to do some more wall paper removal. I went out today and rented a steamer to do this room below. This room I kept questioning about whether the wallpaper really needed to go, since it was the best out of the whole house, but no, it needed to come down. This is where the paint under the wallpaper was coming off with the glue. But the painter came by the evening and he said to keep going with it. The steamer is good, but requires a lot of patience and time. I hope to get this room done tomorrow. Tomorrow I will take a picture of the worst room I have had to do so far, the walls were funky and the wallboard was peeling with the paint on the top part. The bottom part under the wainscoting was a dream to get off once I had the steamer on it. 
Now this room here was so easy to take the wallpaper off, it basically just came off on it's own, except for the 2x2 spot. What is making this job easy, is that all the rugs are going to be replaced, so I don't have to worry much about clean up.
 Tomorrow will be an early day for me and then I hope to get out for a walk in the afternoon. What a beautiful day it was today, we finally had blue sky and warm weather. I know it's not going to last, but there were a lot of smiling people in the Concord area, especially since they got to go home tonight and not have to shovel anything!

I added a button for Animal Rescue on the right of the page, if you click on it, sponsors donate money for Animal shelters. It's legitimate. I do have to warn you though, it will open to that site and the stories of adoptive animals can be tear-jerkers, it's nice way to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?