Last week was all about what I believe to be true, this week here are 13 things that others believe, that just makes me scratch my head and ponder the future.
1. It appears that people may be interested in the activities of classless celebrities, like Paris Hilton and the Spears' sisters. Seriously, why else would so called Entertainment shows have these escapades as headlines?
2. More people are likely to believe that their child is gifted at age five than just being normal. We actually had someone stand up at a recent school budget meeting tell us that we should spend more money b/c they moved to this town b/c they had a gifted five year old. This comment led my son to whisper to me, "What can he do? Tie his shoes?"
3. There are people who believe that there is a direct link between the weapons of mass destruction that were suppose to be in Iraq and the events of 9/11. But then there was a lot of spin to that story to influence us to support a war.
4. I guess people believe that we want to see their underwear.
5. I love my cats and I do believe that they communicate in their own feline way to me, but that doesn't mean I believe that they deserve to inherit money from me when I die like Leona Helmsley's dogs, nor will I dress them up.
6. Do people really believe that elections are equal in all the states? Why is it harder for a person to vote in Ohio or Florida compared to New Hampshire?
7. People actually care about what actors/actresses have to say when endorsing candidates or causes. Hey, guess what...just because you are famous doesn't make you any smarter.
8. I am still not getting the warm and fuzzy feeling from the current administration that they have my best interests at heart.
9. Why should the people who played by the rules for mortgages as far as only buying what we could afford with a down payment, pay for those who bought large houses with no down payment and balloon payments eventually pricing them out of a home. There is an equation that has existed for buying a house, it's really simple...you can only afford a house that is less than a 1/3 of your income for mortgage payments.
10. I know there a few rock concert fans out there, but why pay $100 for a concert ticket for a band that you saw 20 years ago for $30? Are rock bands like wine? Do they actually get that much better over time?
11. "Reaching the afterlife is possible through more than one religion, 70% of Americans believe, according to a new poll." Does that mean if you don't participate in religion that you can't go to heaven?
12. My children believe that hamburgers and pizza can be eaten on alternative days for dinner, there's no need for meat, starch and vegetables at every meal. ( Now I know you have to have a vegetable, b/c that's what my mother told me.)
13. One item above the required 20 for the express line is still one more than you are supposed to have. Really, it's not okay. You're not beating the system, you're just aggravating the people behind you.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants