One Gal has tagged me with a new meme and since I totally used her as my writing influence this past Thursday due my lack of originality, I shall honor this meme by listing my 5 best nights.
The rules, list the 5 best nights
that you can recall and then
tag four other people
and see if the meme can continue.
Besides forgetting names of people and titles of books, dates are the next thing on my list to forget. But my first three are easy:
1. The Birth of my first son 10/1/87, after 22 hours of labor and the threat of pitocin, I finally had him at around 3 am in the morning. Memorable comment: He's right there, you can touch his head. Me: Get him out of me first....
2. The birth of my second son 1/14/91: Water broke at home, first son (3 years old) asked if I had peed my pants. I went in at 6:30 pm after my husband had supper and he was born at 1 am.
3. The birth of my third son 5/4/93: I was huge and the doctor called that morning to ask if I wanted to come in that night to have my water broken. I went in around 7 pm and labor started right away when the water broke, however, Top Gun was that night, so I hung out in bed to watch it. Nurses asked me I wanted to walk to get the labor going more, "No thank you, I'll wait after the movie..." I got up to walk, made it 10 feet and had the baby 45 minutes later.
4. Christmas Eve about 18 years ago, we all played Balderdash around the dining room table with all generations joining in and it was just a memorable evening for me.
5. College, May 1983 some frat party where I ended up with my husband and his friends and the rest is history.
So here are my tags and as always, tags are just tags, if you would like to write about your five memorable nights please send a comment my way:
Just Blogging Along
Postcards from Paulie
Life is Rantastic