"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."
Just today I was thinking about how much I enjoy blogging. It's so much fun to write the Thursday Thirteens and then to go off and read others'. From the Thursday Thirteens, I have quite a few bloggers that I read frequently, (Thank God for Google Reader!!) Then I thought there are a few bloggers that I would love to meet and hang out with in person, only because through their blogs it's easy for me to make a connection with them.
It's hard to come up with just seven, but here are seven bloggers that I would like to pass the Nice Matters Award. The first three are bloggers that have helped me with my blog and came by just enough in the beginning to make me feel that there were people out there reading my blog!
- Shelly at This Eclectic Life: One of the first bloggers that I made a connection with, she has made so many friends through blogging and has a great project going, Share a Square to have as many bloggers as possible crochet a square, or two, or three to make afghans for children with cancer next summer. I would love to hang out with Shelly, crochet and then hit up some coffee shops with her. But I just don't know about that Texas weather....so Shelly, you can come up here anytime.
- Tea at Teatime Ramblings: Another one of the first bloggers that I connected with, our kids are similar in ages, she's crafty and we have the same interests in books. I have said this before, but Tea seems like such a sweet person that I just wish she lived closer so we could have a cup of tea, talk about books and knit or crochet. Right now she has a contest where you just have to post a banner and you are entered in for a drawing for 5 hand knitted dishcloths. I may have a bag of cotton yarn ready to make some of these myself, but where is the time?
- Janet at Life in Westcliffe was one of the bloggers that Shelly and hooked up with through BlogU, we were all learning how to play with our templates. Even now when I have a question about changes, Janet is someone that has been a great resource for me. It was her suggestion to for me to use a picture I had posted for this banner. I would love to sit outside at her cabin and watch the wild life with her, it seems so peaceful.
- Jessica at This Life Rantastic: Boy, she's one rocking chick, and as snarky as she can be in her observations of life, she is a supportive blogger. Her blogs make me smile! And the world needs more smiles....Now if we can only figure out how to get her to the Technorati A-list....
- Harlekwin at Boho Rap: A newer blogger, but boy talk about creative! She gets this award b/c she is so personable in her comments and writing. Her blog is beautiful and she did it all....but here's the best part, if you were to ask her how she did something...she takes the time to share. Now I just got to figure out how to meet her and work in her shop for just a week...
- Paulie at Paulie's Postcards: Paulie is a newer blogger that I met in round about way through a Teacher forum that I lurk on. Paulie's comments are helpful when I make changes and I am inspired by the photos that she takes on her walks. Talk about finding the good,beauty in anything.
- Susan at West of Mars: Susan has one of the more unique blogs on the Thursday Thirteen, she has written a book, Trevor's Song about a rock band and I was thrown off at first not knowing what the blog was about. Soon I was able to pick up on it and Sue's comments are always positive in her responses at her blog and on others' comments.