Here goes, my second attempt at my thirteen list....My favorite summertime foods.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Fresh Strawberries, Heavy Cream, and bisquick- Could it be any easier?
- Mom's Easy version of Strawberry Shortcake: The picture says it all!
- Cheeseburgers: So what if we can have them all year long, they are better in the summer.
- Grilled Sausages: On Sub rolls with american cheese, peppers and onions
- Grilled Chicken: Marinated with Italian Dressing at least 12 hours!
- Pasta Salad- diced peppers, onions, tomatoes in a bowl, mix with Italian dressing and then dump some cooked macaroni with a tablespoon or two of mayonnaise
- Chicken and Cabbage Salad: My cousin makes this recipe and it's so simple and delicious. There are so many variations of this salad and here is a recipe similar to hers.
- Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese: Drizzled with olive oil and fresh basil.
- Corn on the cob: Has to be fresh!
- Clams: Love Steamed clams and we can fill a bucket digging for them up in Nova Scotia. However, the kids don't get into it like my husband!
- Fried Mackerel: If they are running, these fish are a blast to jig for, lots of hooks and fish flying in the boat. Tasty snack, dipped in cornmeal and fried.
- Lobster: At least one or two summer meals, with a cold beer.
- Fresh Fruit: The good stuff like watermelon, cherries and blueberries.
Like the header? I sent Samulli a picture of myself at the beach and this is what she drew... I wish!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants