For the anniversary of the Thursday Thirteen, I came up with a few of my favorites. This was not an easy thing to do! I love hopping around the blogosphere on Wednesday evenings and Thursdays where I read so many posts about ordinary people with a love for writing and sharing. I love that from linking to one, I can keep going and learning about so much. There is such an extreme in politics, religion and family life out there and you know what, there's something for everyone out there. Here is my list in no apparent order.
1. I love Thursday Thirteens where the bloggers share their creations and I have the following two sites bookmarked for Thursday Thirteen Headers, Title Deleted, Thursday 13 Return of the headers and Teatime Ramblings Headers
2. This is one I want to do someday, 13 things I will never say to my kids Tea has such a nice demeanor, that I can just see her alter ego saying these things to her children with a gleam in her ey.
3. I am till in awe of Vader's Mom, Thirteen Food from the 2006 Texas State Fair, from Fried coke to Fried Mac 'n Cheese, this is truly a list of everything fried. We just aren't that creative with our food here in New England.
4. Through blogging I have learned that I am not the only one who does stupid things. Reading blogs like This Eclectic Life: I Should have Known better with her Thirteen Life lessons and all with humor of course from dogs relieving themselves on her head smelling of vinegar to clothing disasters is a good indicator that I am not alone!
5. As you can see by my sidebar, I am joining in the Share a Square and Thorne last week shared 13 different granny square patterns with pictures. Besides the squares, I enjoy Thorne's site and the Sirens Song blog where she blogs with other women about:Bitchy politics, culture critiques, manners, morals & random thoughts served with hot chicken soup & a loaded .45 caliber handgun in the apron pocket.* Just my kind of blog reading!
6. I like lists where you learn and since I have been known to enjoy wine, I bookmarked these two lists to look at before my next wine tasting event. From Pistols, Passion and Potions : Wine Tasting Terms and 13 ways to develop your Wine Palette . I may have to write them down on my wrist to be able to remember them, but at least I might be able to look and act knowledgeable before my 4th, 5th or 6th glass.
7. A lot of bloggers write musical Thursday Thirteens. Last week over at Dog's Eye View, L^2 had a list of songs that she called the 13 Possible Theme songs of her Life . A playlist was included where you could hear the songs on her blog, which made this very cool! I liked that the songs that I didn't know, I was able to hear them while reading the list. ( L^2 knows her music, even if she doesn't like Love Shack, go figure! )
8. My own favorite Thursday Thirteen is the Thirteen Places you would never find me. Think of the worst job ever for yourself, a fun and easy list for me since I can get motion sickness walking down stairs with bifocals...
The following are Five Thursday Thirteen Bloggers that I have not gotten around to sharing some Link Love. Link Love was started by Shelly at This Eclectic Life and I have fallen behind in sharing some of the sites that I have found through Thursday Thirteen where I go back for more.
9. Cooking by the Seat of my Pants- Need some Recipes? Great Template and organization. 13 Quotes From my Culinary Idols.
10. The Hidden Side of a Leaf - At lost for reading material? Dewey has it all! I missed this one about Calvin and Hobbes, our family's all time favorite comic strip.
11.Books, Lists and Life- Yep, more books, and a gorgeous template. Here is Lisa's TT about her new blog with questions about blog templates.
12.The Daily Cat Chase- I love her template, clean with a nice Winnie the Pooh Theme. This Thirteen list is about Thirteen things she would like to learn.
13. A Spot of Tea has a twist on the Thursday Thirteen, she writes Thankful Thursday Thirteens, that's a nice way to write about your week!
It's hard to find the newer Thursday Thirteeners, don't you find yourself going back to the same bloggers? My challenge every week is to try to go to at least 3 new blogs. How do you all do it?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants