In the spirit of holiday, here are 13 Irish things about me. Ireland is on my dream list of places to visit, maybe next year.......
- My maiden name begins with Mc
- One of my great-grandmother's maiden name was Murphy
- A family geneology done by uncle showed that our family came from Ireland
- Raised Catholic and know that St. Joseph's day is the same week as St. Patrick's day. How do I know this? I went to St. Joseph's school in the Irish section of our city.
- My parents had Irish music on record albums including The Irish Rovers.
- My oldest brother was named Brian and he had red hair
- One of my grandfathers was a piano playing bar regular who could have been one of the characters in Angela's Ashes
- My mother won't read Angela's Ashes b/c she basically lived through some of the events.
- We love beer, cry at weddings and funerals.
- Wakes are sad, but it's a time for our family to get together.
- Fair skin, freckles
- Hot tempers, I was once told by a lawyer that my Irish temper could be dangerous....lol, vengance and all that.
- My younger brother went to Ireland with two of his buddies, all with Irish last names and had the time of their lives with relatives of one of the friends. Basically they were adopted by one of the families for a week.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants