Friday, February 16, 2007

Blog Addiction- time for a new life?

Hi, my name is Jen and I just spent an evening reading medical blogs. Not just any evening, but a Friday evening.
Hey, Jen, get a life!
But seriously, I was able to get "hooked up" through just one random click to a blog written by nurse, thanks Laura , who had a ton of medical blogs listed on her blog. The one that hooked me for awhile was Lab Soft news.
On this blog I read an interesting account of a patient's experience with poor customer service at lab drawing station. Reading about the time spent waiting and the rudeness of the staff made me appreciate and respect the people that I work with who go above and beyond. Both of these women care about their employees and provide them with the skills and knowledge to be great phlebotomists and registrars who have excellent customer service skills. Maybe that's why they won't take me up on my offer to become competent to help out when short handed. LOL- I keep telling them, phlebotomy is like riding a bike and after 5 years of not doing one, I think I could be retrained. Only time will tell.....
But back to the blogs, I enjoyed the Thursday 13 and now have some ideas to think about. It was nice to get some comments and people reading my blogs. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:08 PM

    I try to stay away from "professional" blogs. I don't want to burn out too fast. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?