Thursday, November 03, 2011

Photography and my First World Problem



I am enjoying the idea of labeling First World Problems, in my daily life. They are problems that only people in privileged, technologically advanced societies have, in comparison to real problems like food, shelter and safety. This website has more information: Know your Meme.

This was my First World Problem of the week, I was going in to work on the evening shift and had to bring my mini van in for new snow tires and then get home in time for the delivery of a new wash machine. ( There goes the mortgage payment that we didn't have to pay b/c of refinancing this month...)But  what I really wanted to do, was to go out and take pictures of the ice that was forming on the trees overnight as we are in the midst of melting. Which is kind of weird for us to have a mud season in November. After all of my early morning errands, I did get a couple of pictures. They may not have been what I wanted, but it's all good. Because, I do have a roof over my head, a job and my health, plus a great family. No real problems here this week.
My goal for this winter? To get a better close-up shot of our resident cardinal.

1 comment:

  1. What a combination of "conditions" to photograph in one time! I love the fall leaves and the snow. The contrast is beautiful to me!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?