Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Day by David Nicholls

After finishing the book, One Day by David Nicholls, I was happy to see that it was going to be made into a movie. The story is about a couple who hook up on the last day of college and each chapter of the book is the same day, the following year. It's interesting to see how they change, but how much their friendship still means to each other, even as they don't leave college as a couple. The secondary characters are just as colorful as the main characters. The book did get predictable near the end, I won't go further than that, but if you read it, please send me your thoughts on it. I really enjoyed the book and recommend it as I wanted to keep reading to see what the years would bring as I moved through the chapters. Anne Hathaway is playing the main character, great casting!

Amazon.com: One Day (Vintage Contemporaries Original) (9780307474711): David Nicholls: Books

1 comment:

  1. Another one I haven't read but wrote it down in case one day . . . lol That's the name of the book!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?