Tuesday, November 03, 2009

There's more than just recipes out in Blog Land

Blogs have become more than just newsy tidbits about peoples' lives, they have become a source of news; political, social and medical. I found a Science Based Medicine blog which details the extent of quackery that some people call medicine. The latest post has information regarding the Health care reform bill. There are too many pages for the common voter to read and digest, however, I do hope that someone in my representatives' offices have decided that prayer is not a medical treatment that should be paid for. I bet you didn't know that there is a provision in the bill for "require insurers to consider covering Christian Science prayer treatments as medical expenses."

I am a black and white person at heart, prove to me that something works and I will try it. People are too easily scared by what they read without taking the time to question miracle cures. Is the cure evidence based? Or is the fear based on hype or proven theory? Are there more than 1-2 studies completed by different research teams? Next time you read an article on healthcare, ask yourself these questions and take the time to research. You might be surprised by what isn't being said.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true! I am not surprised about much anymore tho. . . especially tired of hearing what to call the native people that lived here before us. Many don't want to be called native Americans because they were here before it was called America. I don't blame them. Many like the word Indian and I respect that. I know you didn't comment on that but that is my pet peeve related to what your topic was.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?