1. #1 son's Macbook suffered a liquid spill at college this weekend, that call came early Saturday morning. We picked him up very early Saturday morning (see #4 below) and got the hard drive out. Many discussions surrounding this event and the diagnosis is that it is dead and applecare does not protect against liquid damage.
2. #2 and #3 sons' gaming computer had issues staying on this weekend. That went into the shop yesterday and Thank God it is under warranty. I almost asked the guys at the store to keep it a few extra days so more homework and less World of Warcraft....alas, I can pick it up tomorrow.
3. Back to #1's computing dilemma.....now what to do? Another macbook or a pc....supposedly you can get a warranty on some laptops for liquid damage...has anybody heard of this? Any recommendations?
4. 2 high school track meets this week, last Saturday and today. Yea, #2 came in third in discus today. Plus they did a buffalo relay where the throwers ran against each other, only our team did it, but I think the other two teams would have done it also, based on the competition or lack of , both our teams disqualified. It was a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed the race.
5. Middle school track meet yesterday in a town about 25 miles south of us. Not the most organized meet and I got to be the fill in coach. The best part was being the "bad cop" and yelling at the 45 kids to be quiet while the other coach was talking. My son told me to tone it down and one of the younger kids came up to me and said, "Mrs. B, I have been telling everyone that you are really, a very nice lady." He totally made my day. But I just hate the yapping......gee, maybe that's why I left teaching?
6. Okay, so now that you won't have this bad opinion of me, I actually consoled the crying girl's captain and encouraged many of the newer runners. It's funny to think of me "coaching a track team" considering my inability to run.
7. Tomorrow I am assisting with the middle school track practice tomorrow, I have already been given instructions by my #3 son that I can lighten up.
8. I am so close to finishing my Lab services handbook at work and need all the time I can get to finish the edits.
9. Book from #8 is now in my director's office since we are due for an unannounced inspection which should be within the next two weeks. You can feel the tension building.
10. I have had to share my laptop this week, sometimes I don't share well.
11. I went to the library last week and have been reading. I used to be able to read as late as I wanted to, now I can't keep my eyes open. Can you imagine my frustration with this part of getting old?
12. Worries about my kids with the end of the first year of college for one, my second guy thinking a dodge neon is an appropriate car to go four wheeling in and having my baby turn 14 this weekend. It was easier when they were younger ( my guys are the ends and the middle in this picture taken 13 years ago)
13. Wish the 13th was that I am spending more time exercising, but I am thinking about it and that's better than nothing, or so I keep saying to myself.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants